Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hymn with Him or a Whole new side

I play the organ sometimes in church meetings. I made sure I checked what the opening song was, put a marker in the book, and began playing prelude. I wasn't paying close attention when the song was announced but when the bishop sat down I opened the book and began playing.

The chorister looked over at me kind of funny but I kept playing without regard to his curious look.

The bishop announced the next hymn by saying, "The alleged hymn will be "There is a Green Hill Far Away on page.....". After the meeting was over, my husband told me that I played one hymn while half the congregation sang it and the other half sang the song on the opposing page that the chorister was singing.

In a different chapel, I climbed onto the organ bench just as the meeting was about to begin and caught the slit of my skirt on the bench. I heard a rip and reached back to find that my skirt had ripped clear up to the waistband. I had to have my daughter run home to get me a new skirt but I couldn't change until the meeting was over. Thank goodness organs are often backed up against the wall because I had to sit up to the organ for the whole meeting. If I had moved to a different location I would have revealed a whole new side of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment