Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sick of church? It could be worse

One day I was sitting in church with my friend Melodee. She was sitting on the aisle. To the right of her was a family with a sleeping child. During the closing prayer, the child sat bolt upright and threw up all over my friend and the guy in front of her. It shot clear across the aisle. Melodee and I didn't even wait for the amen to run to the restroom, of course. The mother of the child, with him in tow, beat us there. The mom was apologizing over and over. I went back in to ask my friends if someone had told the old guy in front of my friend that he had puke all over his shoulder and they said he just got up and went out the front door before anyone could say anything. My friends said he didn't act like he knew anything had hit him. He must have had a rude discovery upon taking his suit jacket off at home.

Another day when my kids were teens I was leading the music in church and a young man in the congregation threw up into the sacrament tray. His first reaction was to hand the tray to a lady in the back and run out the door. She and her daughter almost lost their cookies while trying to find a place to put the tray. I had the craziest vantage point of seeing the looks on every one's faces. I could hardly keep it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment