Thursday, March 26, 2009

Even in the moonlight she looked lopsided

I got glasses when I was a Junior in high school. The Dr. and my parents told me it would take a little while to get used to them. I wore them mostly on the top of my head because I felt like I was going to throw up when I was playing sports with them on. I felt like the room was tilted to the left. I told everyone that would listen to me. But, they all said, "You'll get used to them." So I tried to never take them off.

It wasn't til I nearly killed myself walking on the icy sidewalk from the high school to the seminary building that my parents believed me. Someone said why are you walking so weird. I felt like I was walking in the fun house at Lagoon where the mirrors were all goofy. The sidewalk looked like it banked downward on the left.
I had tried to get used to them for 3 months. We finally went back to Provo to the optician that made them. He had ground them totally wrong. He had one lens the reverse of what it should have been. I'll bet you can guess what he said to me. "Why did you wait so long to have them checked?" Here's an idea: Parents should listen carefully to their kids. They might have something important to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment